MIRANDA’S TOP PICKS
1. Best Foundation - Dr. Jart Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45
Dr. Jart BB creams have great coverage, contain anti-aging ingredients, and work perfectly even for sensitive skin (having worn several Dr. Jart products this past year, I’ve seen a drastic improvement in my skin tone and appearance).
2. Best Blush - Physician’s Formula Happy Booster Blush in Pink
This Physician’s Formula blush contains pink shades suited for everyone, is long lasting, and has just a tiny bit of shimmer and sparkle.
3. Best Mascara - Lancome Hypnose Drama
I don’t discriminate in my mascaras as I have several drugstore favorites, but Lancome Hypnose is well worth the investment - the medium sized brush delivers volume and length with no flaking.
4. Best Palette/Eyeshadow - Maybelline Color Tattoo in Matte Brown
Some hyped products are hyped for a reason - Maybelline Color Tattoos are equal to Mac paint pots in quality. The Matte Brown Color Tattoo has strong, creamy pigmentation and barely creases - my go-to for a simple and sophisticated everyday look.
5. Best Lip Product - Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Lip Color (Runner Up: Laura Mercier Lip Glace)
This one’s easy - it’s Chanel, it’s pink, it’s moisturizing, and utterly flattering. While Chanel Coco Hydrating products may not be too long lasting, 2013 was the year of tinted balms and this was the reigning champion. I also rediscovered my old love for lip gloss - the Laura Mercier Lip Glace glosses are vanilla scented goodies.
6. Best Nail Polish - Zoya Pixie Dust Godiva
It’s very difficult for a company to create a beautiful textured polish and it’s even more difficult to pull off a textured nail polish. Zoya managed to do both - Zoya Pixie Dusts are like glitter snow and sugar candies on your nails. Godiva is a beautiful nude color with a matte finish and subdued sparkle.
7. Best Skin Care Product - Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Day Moisturizer (SPF and Vitamin C)
I try a lot of skincare products that work wonders, but I picked this Neutrogena moisturizer for its affordability and indisputable effectiveness. My skin feels better, has less redness and less visible lines, and is more hydrated (for everyday wear, Neutrogena Tone Repair is the best pick).
8. Best Haircare Product - Healthy Sexy Hair - Soy Argan Treatment
This product is one of Lauren Conrad’s favorite hair treatments (and thus, mine too!). Healthy Sexy Hair Soy smells absolutely lovely and adds shine to hair without making it oily. Whether for styling or treating, this really does make healthy, sexy hair.
9. Best Scent - Chloe Eau de Parfum (any Chloe scent!)
A great scent can make a whole day better - I’ve tried several perfumes but the best of 2013 was Chloe. Chloe perfumes are demure yet complex with wonderful undertones and sleek bow packaging. No matter what the occasion, Chloe never fails me (plus, there are several variations of the original Chloe Eau de Parfum).
10. Beauty Resolution for 2014 - Be more adventurous with my makeup (and wake up earlier for work to actually have time to do my makeup).