Sometimes with makeup looks, less is more. But less doesn’t necessarily mean we can’t wear beautiful, bright colors. For this eyeliner tutorial, the Covergirl Flamed Out Shadow Pencils in Lime Green Flame and Melted Caramel Flame were the perfect accents. Part of the summer Covergirl collection release, the Flamed Out pencils are jumbo-sized eye shadow pencils that come in a variety of colorful yet wearable shades. While the product is pigmented and applies easily, the shadow is difficult to blend and tends to crease on the lid. Several other reviews mentioned a stinging sensation or skin irritation, so be sure to swatch and test these products before application. Although not necessarily a must buy, the Covergirl Flamed Out eye shadow pencils are perfect to carry in your purse for a makeup “pick me up.”
1. Prime your lids to ensure no smudging, exact lines are essential for this makeup look. Apply a light brown eye shadow above and inside your natural crease (I used the Urban Decay Naked palette).
2. Using the Covergirl Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in Lime Green, create a cat eye extending from inner eye to the end of your eye (tip: make this outline larger than usual).
3. Using the Covergirl Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in Melted Caramel, line your bottom eye lid to create a soft shadow effect (be careful not to get too close to your waterline).
4. Using a black liquid eye liner, line a cat eye on top of the previous lime green shadow base - depending on the occasion, it’s up to you how much of the Covergirl color peeks through.
5. Unofficial step five, pick a Covergirl Flamed Out pencil that complements your eye color, and get ready to dazzle everyone!