|Enjoying bright lip colors and a full eyeshadow look during these cold winter months! It's the small things..|
After receiving Urban Decay's Naked 2 as a Christmas gift, I have been playing around with it everyday, trying to come up with different looks for different days and moods! I usually coordinate my makeup to my outfit - in example, a grey shirt would go better with a cool toned makeup look with pink lipstick and blush, while a simple black or indigo shirt would go better with a red lip and red toned blush. This specific look was inspired by a new olive/brown sweater accented with gold thread that I recently purchased. I decided to go for a natural look with green/olive tones and pair that up with a coral blush and orange lipstick. Green and orange are complimentary colors on the color wheel and they contrast and complement each other wonderfully!
|Naked2 Makeup; a flirty everyday look|
Eyes - Elf Eyeshadow Primer
Urban Decay Naked2 Palette (Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Snakebite, Suspect and Pistol)
Wet n Wild Liquid Eyeliner in 'Black'
L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Mascara in 'Blackest Black'
Face - Garnier BB Cream in Light/Medium
L'Oreal Mineral Foundation in "Natural Ivory"
Nars "Laguna" Bronzer
Tarte "Splendour" Blush
Lorac Perfectly Lit Highlighting powder in "Luminous"
Lips - Revlon Lipstick "Siren"
Guide to achieving the eyeshadow:
1. Apply "Suspect" all over the (primed) lid using a regular shadow brush.
2. Using the same shadow brush, apply "Pistol" on the outer third of the lid. Using an angled liner brush, I then applied "Pistol" to the outer third of my bottom lash line as well.
3. Apply "Snakebite" in your 'outer V' (the space where you would draw a cat eye extended through your crease). Also apply "Snakebite" in the outer corner of your bottom lashes as well.
4. Blend the shadows together using a window wiper motion, while still keeping their relative position. Pull some of the "Snakebite" shadow from the outer V into the crease.
5. After blending everything out, apply more "Pistol" on the lid and "Snakebite" in the outer V for extra color saturation.
6. Apply "Foxy" on your brow bone and "Bootycall" on your inner eye corner to brighten up your eyes.
7. Slightly dampen your flat angled brush, and then pick up some "Half Baked"; apply it on your bottom lash line for a pop of color. The wetness of the brush will ensure a more precise line and a more saturated eyeshadow color.
|Brushes used: Shany Cosmetics Crease brush, Angled Brush and Urban Decay double ended brush included in Naked2|
Reader's Recommendations: What are your favorite colors in this palette? What looks have you achieved with the Naked 2? Leave some links, would love to see what everyone else is coming up with! So far though, I'm in love with this palette so expect more looks in the future!