Naked2 is a pretty large palette, but constructed very well. It has a metal outside and the cover snaps closed, very secure
My sister surprised me this Christmas with Urban Decay’s Naked 2 eye shadow palette. If you are not familiar with this palette, it is marketed as a sequel to their Naked 1 palette. The first palette Urban Decay released had more warm shades (golden) while the Naked 2 consists of more cooler toned colors; but they each include complimentary colors and are versatile palettes. I’m glad my sister got me the Naked 2 because I have a warm skin tone, and golds and coppers can be too much for me. There are 12 separate shadows (each 0.05 oz), a small Lip Junkie lip gloss in “Naked” and a double ended Shadow/Crease Brush. She purchased it for $50.00 from Macy’s and it’s also available in store and online at Sephora. I have read tons of reviews on it and people have raved about it - did it live up to all the hype?
I will include a product review, an explanation of all the shadows and a look that I came up with using this palette only!
Format of the shadows is great since my brushes fit well; I also enjoy the visible names of the shadows
Palette has a large mirror, and the hinge is sturdy, keeping the top open; you can easily lay it flat or close it if you wish
This is a synthetic brush and it’s pretty stiff, but still very comfortable. I love the fluffier end, great for blending!
Pros: I truly enjoy the colors in the Naked 2 palette and they are very easy to work with; whatever level you are, I think the way these colors were curated helps in achieving flawless looks every time. Very buttery and pigmented formula from Urban Decay (except maybe Foxy, but that has its own purpose!). Wonderful bargain for the price, you get several medium tones, three/four highlights and four crease colors; usually, palettes only give you really dark or too light colors, without including the medium range. The packaging is sturdy, the mirror useful and it is easy to keep the case clean. The brush included was useful too!
Cons: I wish they included an eye primer instead of the lip gloss, as it would have suited the idea of an eye palette better; many people can buy a lip gloss easily, while an eye primer is something more difficult to purchase and find. While it is a great bargain, I am still going to complain about the price, as $50 is still pricey! I am a matte finish lover, and I wish they would have included another matte crease color, something like a darker chocolate brown.
Beautiful pigmentation and some versatile finishes. 3 Mattes, 2 Chunky Glittery shades, and the rest Metallic/Pearl
Urban Decay Naked 2 (first 6 colors)
1. Foxy -Warm, off white, matte color. Light pigmentation, I usually mix it with “Bootycall” for a less intense highlight.
2. Half Baked - Gold color, metallic finish. Great pigmentation, would be beautiful as a lid color or bold eyeliner.
3. Bootycall - Pink/peach toned white color, pearl finish. Great pigmentation, my go to for inner corner highlight.
4. Chopper - Penny color, metallic finish with chunky golden sparkles.
5. Tease - Plummy brown matte color, medium/heavy color payoff. It’s my go to crease color.
6. Snakebite - Dark bronze with a golden shimmer, metallic sheen. Interesting color, great pigmentation.
I didn’t realize I included “Snakebite” twice and missed “Blackout”; sorry lovelies, but I hope you can imagine it
7. Suspect - Champagne, taupish bronze color, metallic finish. Love it as a lid color!
8. Pistol - Warm bluish, grey color, metallic finish. Wonderful pigmentation, good on the lid for when you want a silver smokey eye!
9. Verve - Medium tone, silver color with some warm undertones. Great pigmentation, use it for a pop of brightness on your lid.
10. YDK - Medium/dark warm champagne metallic color with chunky rosey silver sparkle. I use this on my lid since it’s a lovely color for smokey yet natural looks.
11. Busted - Dark, warm plum color, metallic finish. Another crease color I use frequently! heavy pigmentation, great as eyeliner also for lighter skin tones.
12. Blackout - The most beautiful, heavy pigmented matte black. I use this as a crease color for dramatic looks or I wet the brush and use it as eyeliner.
The look I created today with my new Naked 2! Can’t wait to show you more looks in the future
Readers’ Recommendations: Have you bought this palette and how did you like it? What do you think I should invest in next? I’m thinking of spicing things up with a more colorful selection. Also, send me your links with the looks you created using the Naked 2, would love to see all the possibilities!