This is my everyday routine that takes me about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the eye look. I usually have the same base of products and I change it up when it comes to the eyeshadow and lipstick depending on my outfit and weather outside. Fyi I have acne prone skin, and I try to use natural or oil free products; also my foundation is medium to full coverage because of past acne scarring I might have. I know all these products compiled look a bit intimidating (I’ve never layed them out this way!), but this look is so easy and it looks great. These are all the products I use daily and they are my favorites!
Lets get started, shall we?
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eye Concealer (Light), Laura Mercier Oil free Foundation (Warm Ivory)
1. My first step in my routine is to lightly apply the concealer to my under eyes: I let it sit for about 10 seconds and then blend it out, tapping it while I look up (so it won’t settle into any fine lines). I then apply a pea sized amount of foundation to my hand and apply and blend in with my foundation brush, starting in my t zone and spreading it out as I go. I don’t like to dot it on my face and then spread it because the foundation oxidizes and dries in the meantime.
2. I set my foundation and concealer with a light dusting of Origins powder, using my Ecotools fluffy powder brush.
Physician’s Formula Mineral Glow Pearl “Bronze Pearl”, “Translucent” ($13.99)
3. I then apply my bronzer to the hollow of my cheeks and my temples using the included brush (I find it a great size and I enjoy the narrowness of it). I then apply the highlighter shade to the tops of my cheeks, brow bone and in the inner eye corner using my finger, for an instant awake look!
Nars Sin Blush($28.00), Elf angled blush brush ($1)
4. I apply my blush with an angled blush brush to the apples of my cheeks, swirling it on top and pulling it back upwards toward my hairline. Since my blush is a mauve color, I apply it with a light hand. I sometimes come back with my EcoTools brush and blend everything out lightly for a more natural finish.
Wet N Wild Mega Liner “Black” $4.99, Maybelline Great Lash Clear Gel ($5.99) and Eyebrow Pencil, L’Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Mascara ($8.99)
5. I apply my eyebrow pencil in short strokes to my eyebrow and then set it with an eyebrow gel (if you do this before your powder, your brush will spread the gel and mess up your eyebrows before they set). I follow with a winged liquid eyeliner and one coat of mascara on my lashes. If I’m in a rush, this will usually do it; if I have the time and I’m in the mood, I apply some eyeshadow to deepen my look.
Bare Minerals Pigments “Can Never be too Rich Brown”, “Faux Fox”, “Heart”
6. I dust “Faux Fox” (medium shade) eyeshadow all over my lid, and concentrate “Can never be too rich brown” in my crease with my crease brush. I blend the dark brown with a blending brush and lastly pack the shimmery shade “Heart” on the lid so that my eyes look bigger. Remember to blend, blend, blend!
Wet N Wild’s “Comfort Zone” ($4.99) and “On Cloud Nine” ($2.99)
7. I also use the beautiful neutrals from “Comfort Zone” palette to achieve a natural everyday look: I put the right brow bone shade all over the lid and put the left eyelid color in my crease. If it’s too much shimmer for that day, I match up any of the lighter colors in that palette with my matte brown crease color from the “On cloud nine” palette.
8. I finish off the look by applying a purple lipstick (for fall) or a purple/raisin sheer balm on my lips! You can decide the intensity of your lips depending on what you have planned that day/night, the weather and on how intense your eye look became.
And you’re done! Enjoy the rest of your day, because you’ve started it well
Reader’s Recommendations: What do you use for your everyday look? What are your favorite (holy grail) makeup products? Also, let me know if you would want me to do a review on any of these products!